'Surgery in a syringe'
Belkyra (Kybella) is now available in Australia and Skinmedics Clinic were excited to attend the Australian launch of the product in Sydney. Belkyra is a revolutionary product, offering a permanent solution for removal of double chin fat.
Having read our guide you will be able to book a treatment for Belkyra (Kybella) at Skinmedics Clinic with one of our medical experts and permanently remove that stubborn double chin fat. No more hiding the neck with scarves, no more tilting your head up when having your photo taken.
How Belkyra (Kybella®) works to permanently remove double chin fat
Belkyra (Kybella®) is a product which contains deoxycholic acid, found naturally in the body, and helps absorb fat in food. The product is called Kybella® in the USA and Belkyra in the rest of the world. Belkyra is injected into the fat in the double chin area and permanently destroys the fat cells by a process known as adipocytolysis. Once the fat cells have been destroyed they cannot store fat again. Imagine your fat cells are balloons and Belkyra is the dart. Injecting Belkyra is like throwing a dart at fat cells. Once they have been popped they cannot be blown up again.
10 key things you need to know about Belkyra (Kybella) treatment at Skinmedics Clinic
We will cover each of these points in more detail below, but the burning questions that you need answering are:
- Is the treatment called Belkyra or Kybella? – In the USA the treatment is called Kybella, and in the rest of the world it is called Belkyra.
- Is Belkyra (Kybella) treatment painful? – We ice the neck before injections to numb the skin. After injection the area can feel warm, like the feeling of sunburn. This is a temporary side effect which settles over the next hour.
- Is Kybella safe? – Yes. It is a non surgical treatment with an acceptable side effect profile.
- Does Belkyra (Kybella) permanently remove double chin fat? Yes – Belkyra permanently destroys double chin fat. Once the fat cells have been destroyed they will never return.
- Am I guaranteed to see results? – 68.2% of patients noticed at least a 1 grade or more improvement in the fullness of their double chin area and 16% of patients noticed a 2 grade or more improvement in double chin fullness.
- How many vials of Belkyra (Kybella) I need to treat my double chin? – The average patient needs at least 2 vials injected into the double chin fat at each treatment. This means spending approximately from $1600 on each treatment.
- How many Belkyra (Kybella) treatments will I need? – We recommend at least 2 treatments of at least 2 vials to see results.
- How much does Belkyra (Kybella) cost? – At Skinmedics Clinic 1 Vial is $950 then changes per vial.
- Will I see results straight away? – No, it takes up to 6 weeks for you to notice the effects. We treat patients at 6 week intervals.
- What are the main side effects of Kybella treatment? – We expect swelling around the treatment area on the day. We like swelling because it means the treatment is working. In fact, we say please call us if it does not swell! Swelling means that the body is destroying fat cells. This also means we recommend icing the skin and resting at home after treatment rather than going back to work. The swelling can last from five to seven days.